Not only thorny and poisonous, but the fruit of the dynamite tree will also explode when it is ripe. Wow…that’s terrible!
- The dynamite tree (Hura crepitans) is a plant belonging to the Euphorbiaceae family.
- This dynamite tree thrives in the tropics, especially in parts of North and South America. This tree can also be found in Asia.
- This tree can grow up to 60 meters high. Uniquely, this dynamite tree trunk is overgrown with sharp thorns.
- In addition to the thorny trunk, the dynamite tree also has sap. The sap of this tree is poisonous.
- Oh yes, dynamite trees explode not to protect themselves, but to reproduce.
- The shape of the fruit of the dynamite tree is like a pumpkin. Its diameter is about 5-8 cm.
- When this fruit ripens, it explodes like dynamite. The exploding speed of the fruit seeds when it explodes reaches 257 km per hour.
- When it explodes, the seeds inside this fruit will be ejected. The flat seeds will scatter and fall to the ground. The seeds will later grow into a new dynamite tree. Unique yes!
Baca juga: Do You Know? Darth Vader Flowers