You must have used cotton. Yup, cotton is one of the things that you must have at home, especially in the first aid kit or medicine box. Cotton is also usually in the mother’s beauty toolbox. So, where did the cotton actually come from?
- Cotton comes from a plant whose Latin name is Gossypium hirsutum sp.
- Cotton plants including shrubs. Shrubs are plants that grow short and are usually branched with twigs that are not large in size.
- Cotton plants are suitable for planting in the lowlands. When the age of one month, usually has flowered. The flower will bloom perfectly when the plant is 45 days to 60 days or 2 months.
- Cotton flowers usually bloom in the morning and will wither in the afternoon.
- Cotton can be harvested from fruit at the age of 3 to 4 months. After harvesting, the cotton tree will die.
- Cotton plants are usually kept for cotton fiber. This fine cotton fiber usually covers the seeds. The cotton fiber can be spun into yarn. Well, those threads are then woven into cotton cloth.
- In addition to being processed into cloth, cotton is also processed into health cotton and beauty cotton.
- The largest cotton-producing country in the world is India.
Baca juga: Do You Know? Benefits of a Tree